Reusable Beeswax Bowl Covers
Replace your plastic wrap with reusable beeswax food covers!
What you will need:
· Cotton Fabric
· Parchment Paper
· Organic White Beeswax Pellets
· Old Towel or Drop Cloth
1. Cut your fabric in various sizes that will fit your bowls. The typical sizes are 7 inches, 10inches, and 13inches.
2. To avoid getting beeswax on your ironing board, lay out a towel on a table to melt your beeswax pellets.
3. On the towel, layout enough parchment paper to have 3 inches surrounding your fabric. You will need parchment paper on the top and bottom of your fabric.
4. Put your fabric in between the two sheets of parchment paper and sprinkle on the beeswax pellets. The 7-inch fabric piece will require 1 tablespoon of pellets, a 10-inch fabric piece will require 1.5 tablespoons, and the 13-inch fabric piece will require 2 tablespoons.
5. Set your iron to linen and once heated start passing it over the wax melts in a constant moving motion. Once the wax is melted fully, start moving the wax from the center of the fabric outward so that all of the fabric gets coated.
6. Allow the wax to cool and remove the cover from the parchment paper.
7. Clean up the edges with a sharp pair of scissors.
*Please use caution when melting the wax and make sure that none seeps out and gets on your iron.
**To clean the wraps, rinse under cool water and wipe or hang dry.