The North Alabama Zoological Society is pleased to announce that due to the generous donation by Collins Aerospace to our NALZS Education Programs, we are offering partial camp scholarships for children who cannot attend our camps due to financial restrictions to attend our “Be a Little Wild” Summer camps at Hays Nature Preserve, Owens Cross Rd, AL. The dates that the scholarship can be applied for June 13-16, 2023 or June 20-23, 2023- depending on ages offered that week of camp.
This camp scholarship program offers financial assistance to North Alabama’ families with children between the ages of 6 and 11, who cannot afford the full cost of camp and meet specific guidelines. Scholarships are limited and are distributed on a first come, first serve basis. The scholarship amount is 50% of the total cost of the camp.
Please complete and return the attached forms. All portions of the application must be completed before review. Registration must be completed within 3 days of scholarship application.
Registration forms and the Summer Day Camp information can be found at www.nalzs.org/nature-camp-pnp.
Scholarship eligibility is based on your income. Anyone on a scholarship is required to pay the designated camp fees at the time of scholarship acceptance and meet the required payment schedule listed on the camp invoice. Failure to adhere to the above guidelines will be grounds for immediate dismissal from the scholarship process.
Complete both pages of the form (below) for the child you are requesting a scholarship for. All information must be complete and accurate. Attach pay stubs for the last four weeks for all adults contributing to the family income or living in the home. Allow one (1) week for processing.
Rules for receiving NALZS Financial Scholarship:
1. The scholarships are first come, first served.
2. There is one scholarship per household per year.
3. The scholarship is applied to the specific camp available- the scholarship cannot be transferred to a different week.
4. The camp fee balance must be paid within 3 days of the invoice or scholarship will be forfeited.
5. All applicants must fill out all paperwork, registrations and submit financial documentation in a timely manner. The financial documentation should include Name, address, dates, gross and net income. (Please redact social security number, birthdates, or any other identifying information.)
6. The address on the child’s registration should match the address on parent/guardian financial information.
7. Child must follow all camp rules and behavior expectations at camp or scholarship and camp registration will be revoked without refund and the child will not be allowed to return to camp.
8. Parent or Guardian is responsible for all transportation to and from camp.
9. All scholarship applications must be received no later than June 1st for processing.
Please email email@example.com if you have any specific questions.
Please return completed application along with financial documentation and dates of camp requested to firstname.lastname@example.org